Department of Science & Technology (DST), Government of India has successfully introduced the ‘Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research’ (INSPIRE) scheme since 2010. The INSPIRE Awards – MANAK (Million Minds Augmenting National Aspirations and Knowledge), being executed by DST with the National Innovation Foundation – India (NIF), an autonomous body of DST, aims to motivate students in the age group of 10-15 years and studying in classes 6 to 10.
The scheme is designed to bring up around one million innovative and original ideas in science and their societal applications. This will motivate and bring up a culture of creativity and innovative thinking among school children. So, if you are a school looking for an opportunity to shine bright in the domain of science and innovation, this is your last chance to grab it. Check out the below-mentioned rules and regulations to follow along with the last date of submission –
Here’s all you need to know about the INSPIRE Awards Application. Consider the following process for your reference –
On Individual School Levels –
- Under this scheme, schools can nominate the 5 best original ideas/innovations of students through the official website (link given below).
- Organize internal idea competitions in schools and nominate two to three best original ideas, in any Indian language. The respective Principal/Headmaster should register themselves on the E-MIAS (E-Management of INSPIRE Awards MANAK Scheme) portal and submit the ideas over the same.
About The Process –
Understand the further process
- Shortlisting of top 1,00,000 (one lakh) ideas, with potential to address societal needs through science and technology by NIF.
- Disbursement of INSPIRE Award of INR 10,000 into the bank accounts of short-listed students through the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) scheme.
- Organization of District Level Exhibition and Project Competition (DLEPC) by District/State authorities and shortlisting of 10,000 best ideas/innovations for State Level Exhibition and Project Competitions (SLEPC).
- Organization of State Level Exhibition & Project Competition (SLEPC) for further shortlisting of the top 1,000 ideas/innovations for the National Level Exhibition and Project Competition (NLEPC).
- At this stage, NIF will provide mentoring support to students for the development of prototypes, in coordination with reputed academic and technology institutions of the country.
Note: Selection of ideas/innovations will be based on novelty, social applicability, environment friendliness, user-friendliness, and comparative advantage over the existing similar technologies.
- Showcasing 1,000 best ideas/innovations at the National Level Exhibition & Project Competition (NLEPC) and shortlisting of top 60 innovations for national awards and future direction.
- Consideration of the top 60 ideas/innovations by NIF for product/process development and their linkage with other schemes of NIF/DST and their display at the Annual Festival of Innovation & Entrepreneurship (FINE).
Note: All the schools looking to become a part of this program can register themselves and submit their ideas on (https://www.inspireawards-dst.gov.in/) by 30 September 2023.